Wednesday, July 1, 2009

0% Unemployment Rate

That's right, the Black household has hit an unemployment rate of 0%! After almost four months I've finally found a job!! And the best part, I'm actually excited about it. I'll be working for the state. This is a completely new field to me, so there's a lot to learn, but I'm sooooo up for the challenge. Besides just being excited for the job itself, I'm excited I'm working for the State. First of all we'll get GREAT benefits. Second, I'll get off EVERY state holiday. Third, two words....JOB SECURITY!

It's been pretty discouraging the last few months, getting rejected by job after job after job. Every time I'd find out I didn't get a job Devon would say, "you just weren't meant to get that one, there's another that's better for you." I tried to believe it, but it was hard. But, as much as I hate to say it, Devon was right. In terms of job responsibility, security, pay, benefits, work environment and long term career goals, this jobs is heads and tails above all the others I've interviewed for. I am very blessed I was not offered any of those other jobs, leaving me open and available for this opportunity.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That is fantastic news. Will you be on the four-day week?

Boyd and Sarise said...

congrats!!!!!

Gerb said...

I am so happy for you - what a relief, and a blessing!