Monday, July 13, 2009

Lazy weekday mornings.

I spent two weeks in job training working from 10 a.m to 6 p.m. Once I finished training I was assigned a team and started working at 7:30 a.m. - not a bad schedule, really.

Well, after one week of that there were some personnel shakeups and I've gotten put on the noon to 8 p.m. shift. I'm not very excited about the change, especially since Annette leaves for work at around 7 in the morning. Now, here I am sitting at home a little after 8 a.m. wondering what I'm going to do for the next three hours.

There is some house cleaning and dish washing to be done after being away at the family reunion all weekend. I could read a chapter of two of the book I've been working on. I could do some long-overdue Japanese study I never seem to have time to fit in. It looks like I'll have to start going to the gym in the mornings instead of late afternoons like I'd planned.

I think working the afternoon/evening shift is a lot more fun when you're single and can stay up as late as you want...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Must be rough...