Friday, July 31, 2009

My Husband

This is a little late, but too good not to share. Here are a series of text messages between Devon and I on July 15th...

Devon: 9:47am Im running the dishwasher. If I don't have time to do the dished before I leave you are forbidden from touching them.

D: 9:50am And were all out of dishwasher detergent.

Annette: 10:01am I'll grab some on my way home, I have to go to Wal Mart anyway.

D: 11:31am Baby. Near disaster! It involved the dishwasher. A stupid mistake by me. And lots of paper towels. But don't worry. Everything is fine.

A: 11:34am What'd ya do?????

A:12:40pm So ur gonna leave me hanging and not tell me what happened??

D: 1:01pm Just a little water on the kitchen floor. Didn't have time to make the bed or do the dishes because I had to clean up. But I think Hamilton (our cat) was entertained.

A: 1:08pm How did water get on the floor??

D: 1:48pm Don't ask questions. Just accept the facts.

By this time I'm starting to put 2 and 2 together...

A: 2:10pm You put dish soap in the dishwasher, didn't you?

D: 3:03pm You'll never know unless you can get Hamilton to sing.

A: 3:10pm I bet I can make you sing...

Sure enough I was able to make him sing. We didn't have enough dish washing detergent to fill the whole tray, so he supplemented the difference with dish soap. Lo and behold suds began to flow from the dishwasher and covered the kitchen floor. Luckily he was home to advert catastrophe! The only sad thing: I wasn't there to see it!

My husband may not be perfect, but he sure tries and I LOVE him for it!!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Black said...

Husbands always trying to fix things... Daren did that once too! At least he learned not to do it again!

Cara said...

Oh I think that is something we all wished we could have seen!