Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas in the LBC (...and Las Vegas)

Pre-game of the Las Vegas Bowl on December 20






We were sitting on the top row. To my left was a group of about four English gentlemen. I doubt they knew much about American football, but they did put down several beers.

The car ride home. Bummer of a game, but we drank it off.










And then the much-anticipated, highly-touted trip to Long Beach. We flew in the evening of December 23rd and the fun started...
Day 1: Christmas Eve morning. I was forced under threat of physical violence to get a pedicure. At least they had some sports magazines...


That night I met some of Annette's cousins...






...and participated in a high-stakes game of UNO.












Annette and her dad posing by the Christmas tree.
















After going to a movie on Christmas Day, we headed over to the Hexbergs where we watched Thor open is numerous presents...










...and spent some quality time with the 50 percent of the Black family that was down there.












The next day we went to lunch with some of Annette's old college friends.











I was sporting my new Arsenal sweatshirt while fighting off the rabid dogs.












That night we went for sea food with her high school friend Michelle and her boyfriend.












Of course I couldn't go to the Marengos' without becoming acquainted with the famous Bob...















...and Myrtle.
















On Monday we ventured North to see Hollywood.












We went by Grauman's Chinese Theatre...












...and the walk of fame.















I soaked in as much of the warm blue skies as I could.

















We made a quick stop here...




...before I talked them into a stop here.

























Then it was back to the cozy Long Beach Airport where a kind security guard snapped a farewell photo. I boarded the plane for my trip back to the frozen tundra.

















2 comments:

Meredith said...

How did the whole cat thing work with your allergies?

Devon said...

I've found that I actually do OK around cats as long as they stay out of my bedroom and I don't rub my eyes after touching them.