Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Big Guy

Well, he's really not a big guy, but sine he's growing up so much I call him Big Guy. Everyday he's doing things that I want to remember. I should pull out my journal and record them, but since that's way to much work I'll jot them down here for all of you to enjoy.

Some of my favorite things about West at 15 months:

*He is in LOVE with music videos. It all started when we watched the Issac Lamb proposal. West would whine and whine and whine when it was done and wouldn't stop still I started it again. After hearing it for the 500th time, Devon suggested we try another music video and it worked. He loves them all! We spend about an hour each day watching videos together.
*He loves it when I brush his teeth. As soon as I grab the toothbrush he opens his mouth right up. Maybe it's the taste of the toothpaste (I tasted and thinks it's rather nasty, but to each their own), whatever it is, I'm grateful.
*He loves praise. Whenever he does something we like we say, 'good job,' and he starts smiling and clapping.
*He's a little chatter box. He still hasn't figured out to say any words except for 'dada', but he's talking from the time he gets up until he goes to sleep.
*He's recently starting liking books. He'll grab one from his bookcase and bring it to us to read to him. The other day I was on my computer and he walked up to me, pushed the button to shut it down and then handed me a book to read.
*He's such an independent player. I was reading this article about toddlers and they said to try and get your child to play alone for at least five minutes a day. Wow, five minutes? West will play for well over an hour all alone, with his toys.
*His favorite toy is a little golf club set grandma got him. He especially loves to chase around Hamilton with the clubs.
*He loves to walk on our bed and throw himself down. This one is super cute, but makes me super nervous. He understands the concept of falling off the bed, but, while we haven't had an accident yet, I don't think he understands how close he gets to the edge.
*He loves to sweep and vacuum. He grabs the broom as soon as I am done and is always pushing around our little Shark vacuum.
*He knows how to go up and down stairs. He prefers for us to hold his hand so he can walk up and down, but most of the time we just make it crawl up and down.
*He loves water! We taken him to a few splash parks and he's in heaven. It takes him a minute to feel comfortable, but then he's playing with the big kids. He's also a fan of pools, he loves floating around in his swim ring.

No comments: