Saturday, September 17, 2011

Hiking the Y


For our first date Devon and I hiked up to the Y. It was a FABULOUS first date. We met at Wal-Mart and headed up to the base of the mountain. It was starting to get a little chilly, so Devon pulled out some old jackets from his trunk. He put on his Mountain View High School Choir 2001 jacket. I was very taken aback. I knew he was at least a year younger than me, but I graduated in 1999, so 2001 seemed incredibly young! (He is a year younger, but since  his birthday is in September and mine is in August he's two grades behind me.) As we started up the mountain I was really surprised what a tough hike it was. It wasn't long, but very steep. At the time I was in the best shape of my life, running six miles a day, but this still proved very difficult. But, of course, I couldn't let Devon see me struggle! Once we made it up we sat and talked for a LONG time! By the time we started hiking down I knew I really liked Devon. I was thinking my feeling were reciprocated until, at the end of the date, Devon said, 'I'll give you a call.' I'd been on enough dates to know that was usually a brush off.  But, much to my surprise, he did in fact give me a call!

Well, two and a half years and one little West later we hiked again. This time I am in the worst shape of my life, so the mountain proved to be a very BIG challenge, but we made it and had a FABULOUS time!





1 comment:

Jenafer Lowe said...

I really enjoyed this post and the VERY cute pictures. I want to hike the Y, maybe next time we're up there. I wish I could reach through the computer and love on him!!!