Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Employed, and armed with a new patio set.

So I have a job. A real, 40-hour-a-week one.

It's not a great one. In fact, I'm not all that excited about the job itself, but it is nice being numbered among the ranks of the employed again.

I got hired by P****** Security, one of those Utah County security system sales companies. I'm going to be a supervisor in their customer service call center. The starting wage is mediocre and I'll probably be working a crappy evening shift, but at least I'll have a full-time paycheck coming in again. I start training on Monday.

In other news, Annette and I used some of our wedding gift money to buy a nice seven-piece patio set. We found a great deal on one through Wal-Mart and went to buy it yesterday. Unfortunately we grossly overestimated the size of the car and realized soon after leaving the store that it was going to be a real trick getting the bigger of two boxes in.

In somewhat of an embarrassing but nice turn of events, a kind lady with a suburban was driving by at the time. She asked if we lived close and said she'd be happy to have us load the two big boxes into her car and drive them to our house for us. Rather than wrestle with the box for 45 minutes we swallowed our pride and accepted her offer.

A day later I have finished assembling the six chairs and one table and it looks great! Six-and-a-half foot sun umbrella included. Maybe we'll get a chance to break it in when the weather clears up this weekend.

5 comments:

Mrs. Black said...

Congrats on the job! Did you know that Daren works for pinnacle? He is a tech. Have fun with your patio set!

Meredith said...

That's great Devon it is nice to have a paycheck even if you're not loving the work. At least you're starting out as a supervisor right?

Boyd and Sarise said...

Congrats! On both the job and the fun new furniture! Glad everything's working out for you guys.

Jenafer Lowe said...

We can't wait to come and sit on your patio furniture! We can have a repeat meal from the last time we were there 'cause it was good!!!

The Black's said...

What a nice lady! Anytime that happens again give me a call, I can fit a lot of stuff in my mommy mobile and I dont live that far from you guys now!!! And I can't wait to try out the new furniture this weekend.