Monday, October 27, 2008

Unhealthy practice?

So I think I might want to take a break from sports talk radio for a week or so. I've realized that it probably isn't that good for me.

Obviously it's not exactly a concentrated haven of intellectual wealth. Especially during football season when it just thrives on hyping up BYU vs. Utah smack talk. It really gets old and stupid pretty fast.

There is never any real news or reporting that goes on. It's all just opinion and entertainment. So if I want to inundate myself with information about this week's upcoming games I wouldn't go there anyway.

I might take a day or two off from listening to it live, and just catch the "Best of" daily podcasts. That way I can hear the 10 minutes of substance the pundits have without the other two hours and 50 minutes of commercials and garbage.

No comments: