Monday, August 11, 2008

Cloaking Device Activated

I walked out the family room door and across the street to my car to go to work this morning. I stopped cold in my tracks when I saw a big chunk of my car body laying on the ground and a gaping hole in the front driver's side.

Yes, sometime between 1:30 and 10:30 this morning, I was the victim of a hit-and-run. Besides being PO'd at whoever left a big, obvious crunch in my car and drove off, I'm also wondering if my Saturn came equipped with some kind of Klingon technology.

On Pioneer Day I was pulling out of the parking lot at work and an out-of-state driver in a rental car back up a good 10 feet right into the opposite side of my car. I'm still trying to figure out how he didn't see me. Now that both sides have their own battle scars, I'm thinking I might unknowingly have a cloaking device installed in my little Saturn.

I'll need to have that checked out when I take it into the shop. That device sure could have come in handy when I got pulled over for speeding in Saratoga Springs the other night. The cop pulled me over for going between 55-60 in a 45 zone (after midnight). He only gave me a warning, though. I think he felt sort of stupid because he'd followed right behind me for maybe five minutes, and by the time he finally flipped his lights on and stopped me, I was about 20 feet away from a 55 MPH sign.

I also picked up a rock chip on the freeway on Saturday, but I'm not complaining about that too much since that won't require a $500 deductible.

This is the damage done to my car on Pioneer Day.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Let me know when you find a good repair shop -- I have to take our trusty family luxury car in for some body work one of these days.