Wednesday, April 17, 2013

It's Been That Kind of Week!

In the past two days:
*I've been told that the home we are under contract to purchase was in such horrible condition that our insurance company could not cover it. After a minor meltdown, it was discovered that the inspector was sent to the wrong house.
*Devon dropped his razor foils down the drain. I went to remove the u-trap to get them out but discovered it was rusted shut. When I was about to run to Walmart to buy a new razor (Devon has a big conference all week, making it a not so good day to rock the shaggy look),  Weston had his biggest meltdown ever, forcing me to put him down at 7pm and forgo the trip to Walmart.
*I had to wake both kids up at 10pm, load them in the car and drive them to the train station to pick up Devon because the car that he drove to work was locked in the parking garage overnight.
*I had to walk 1.5 miles to the train station, pushing a double stroller and carrying a carseat on my back.
*I set a laundry basket on the stove and while looking for an item if clothing, turned the stovetop on, nearly catching my whole kitchen on fire.
And to top it off...
*Our dryer is no longer working.

Whew! I'm tired ;)

2 comments:

Meredith said...

That sounds really awful Annette :( Glad you avoided a major incident with the fire! I'm sending good vibes your way :) Hopefully your luck changes soon.

Sarah said...

Sounds horrible. Especially the waking the kids up and the hiking to the train station... anything that involves wrangling unhappy kids is just so physically AND emotionally draining. Hang in there!