Friday, July 22, 2011

Denver Adventure Week 8

This week we went to the Denver Zoo! We had a good time, despite the heat. West didn't care much for the animal (he just finally started noticing our cat at home), but he loves to be out! Any place where there's a lot to look at he loves.


West napping in preparation for all the excitement to come


Lazy gorilla


West, doing what he does best, looking cute! I can't get enough of him in that hat!!


Tigers playing


Funny looking bird


The Lion



All of us, as we were headed out.


(Guess I really didn't need to caption, the pictures are pretty self-explanatory)

Later that night we went to a BBQ. It was for any past, present and future BYU MBA that was in Colorado. We had a great time. One of the girls who is starting the program this year offered her parent's house. It was right across the street from the temple. Last year I wasn't too active in the spouse's association, being pregnant and working, but this year I plan to kick my activity into high gear, so it was good getting to know some of the wives a little better. Devon had a good time swapping war stories with the guys.

After this week, we only have four left, CRAZY. I can't believe it's almost time to go home. I'm going to be sad to leave, but I am SO ready to get back to my house with my bed, my couch and my washer and dryer!

1 comment:

The Black's said...

I wonder what awesome aunt gave that hat to West??!!;)He does look so cute! Creed never got to wear it much so I am glad that it is getting some use. When you guys get back we will need to take the kids to the zoo here. You will love the MBASA! I really made some good friends there. And it is fun socializing with people in your same situation. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.