Wednesday, June 8, 2011

West the Comedian


The other day I was getting West ready for bed, by swaddling him. In order for this to work most effectively, his arms need to be down at his sides, this usually takes a couple of attempts. The other night West was being particularly difficult. I would put his arms down and he would immediately lift them over his head. After he did this about 10 times Devon was ready to step in to assist. I tried one last time by myself and this time as West’s arms went up he let out the loudest giggle! It was as if he was putting his arms up on purpose, and then let out the giggle when he couldn’t hold the joke in any longer.

Just a few days later, I was sitting on the couch holding him. His head was cradled in my left arm and I had my computer on my right side. I was looking over at the computer, when I heard him make a noise. I turned to look and he was holding out his pacifier about ½ inch away from my mouth, ready to stick it right on in. Once again, he let out a loud giggle!

These are probably just coincidental incidents, but since I’m a mom I’ll just think that my child is a naturally gifted, budding little comedian.

3 comments:

Jenafer Lowe said...

He'll be a real comedian when he busts out a dam joke! I think he gets his comedic stylings from his Auntie Jen!!

Sarah said...

Can't wait to see him again in person!

Mandy said...

He is just the cutest thing! I need to hold him :)