Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Denver Adventure Week 3

Our weekdays are pretty boring, we get up at 6ish, Devon works out, then I work out while he's getting ready. Devon leaves for work. West and I spend the rest of the day doing various activities such as, walking, shopping, swimming, watching The Hills, The Bachlorette and 16 & Pregnant, playgroups, cooking and household chores. Devon gets homes, we eat dinner and then hang out around the house. So, weekends are where the fun is!

This weekened we were invited to a BBQ at the home of a lady Devon works with. Despite the sudden rain storm, we had a blast! Devon's really been blessed to work with such a great group of people. It was nice for me to meet them and for both of us to get to know them on a much more personal level. Almost everyone had kids so there were tons of little ones running around. West was the only baby, so he got LOTS of attention. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics!

The next night we took West to his First Dodger game! Devon is not a baseball fan, so he doesn't have a team. I'm not a huge fan either, but I did grow up with the Dodgers. One of the most distinct memories of my childhood is seeing my Grandpa Pikop in his chair, watching the Dodgers on TV with the volume turned down and the radio broadcasting the game right next to him. Hearing Vin Scully say, "It's time for Dodger baseball," always takes me back to those days. But, my grandpa isn't the only Dodger fan in my family. My dad loved the Dodgers, my brother Ricky loves Los Doyers and my Mom loves Dodger dogs. So, it was inevitable that the Dodgers would choose us (Cause as Devon says, you don't choose your team, your team chooses you).
This picture was taken as soon as we got there by the usher. It was hard to see our camera screen in the sun, that is why Devon's head is cut off, but luckily he got the most important people in the pic ;).

Devon bought West this cute little outfit for Christmas last year. Even the Rockies' fans came up and said how cute he was!
I guess these games aren't as exciting for West as they are for us, we're just glad he lets us enjoy them!!

1 comment:

Jenafer Lowe said...

I must say that I rather enjoy reading your blog and hearing your voice in my head as I read. My nephew is adorable and according to Samantha Grace Bocanegra that is like 1,000 cutes...he probably gets it from me.