Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Curse

I've come to the conclusion that I'm cursed. I'll need to give you a little background before you can really understand the magnitude of this cursing. A few years back I had a friend that LOVED Red Robin and would beg us to go any chance he got. The only problem was; there was NOTHING that I liked there, I'd tried about everything on the menu. Then one day I found it! The Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwich, it was love at first bite!!!! After that day I was the one begging to go to Red Robin any chance I got. I spent about 4 years enjoying my Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwich, loving every last tasty second of it, that was until they did the unthinkable! RED ROBIN PULLED IT OFF THE MENU AND STOPPED MAKING IT! I was devastated and I think I've only been back 1 or 2 times since (1 0r 2 very untasty times.) So, here starts the curse, yep just starts. A few month ago Devon and I went to Chili's and I was looking forward to my Caribbean Chicken Salad. It's a perfect salad, not to heavy, but filling none the less. But guess what, yep Chili's discontinued it and took it off their menu. Then, just last month we went to Outback. While Devon looks forward to the steak, I look forward to their Blue Cheese Crumble Salad. It is one of the tastiest salads I've ever had. But, they got rid of it! Luckily they still serve the Aussie Cheese Fried or Devon and I would have to find a new favorite restaurant. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, I went to Wendy's Thursday night. They discontinued the only fast food salad that I love, The Southwest Salad. You couldn't beat the taste and size for only $4.99.

Some have concluded that I just have bad taste in food and like the food items that no one else likes. But I can't fathom that being the reason, each of these items I've just described are a little taste of heaven and I can't imagine anyone not falling in love with just one bite. I've lost a lot of loves over the past year, but as long as Dominicos is still serving pizza, The Lotus Garden still has cheese won-tons and Mimi's Cafe is still bringing me their french onion soup, life will go on!

2 comments:

Cara said...

Okay some ppl may be right, you like the unlikable food. DOMINOS? Nobody thinks there pizza is good, not even them! They are changing everything the sauce, dough, toppings... Hmmmm? Matt and I have had the same thing happen a couple times though, a salad at Macaroni grill for me and a burrito at Winger's for him. Sad. I realllly loved that salad!

Jenafer Lowe said...

Not Domino's as in the national pizza chain but DOMENICO'S!!! A darling, vintage pizza joint on 2nd Street in Belmont Shore that Annette's parents have been going to since they were dating. It was the place where when Annette and I brought our husbands there, we were so very nervous. What if they didn't like it? It would have definitely been a deal breaker. Good thing they both love it! We have to go every time we are "home". The salad, the soup, the pizza! YUM!