Thursday, January 16, 2014

Landon Turns the big 0-1!!

It's really hard for me to believe that my baby is already one, I feel like I was just pregnant with him. But it also hard to believe that he's only been in our family for just one year! 

Landon had a very fun and very busy first birthday. We started the day with donuts, I believe it was the first time both boys had eaten ever eaten a donut.  After our complete and balanced breakfast we headed to a gym right down the street from our house for some open playtime. Landon had a blast going down the bounce house slides and climbing over all the gym toys. We left directly from the gym to go have lunch with Devon. After finding out our favorite Mediterranean place closed down, we headed to a little Mexican restaurant. Landon once again had a nutritious meal consisting solely of tortilla chips and spoonfuls of queso dip (hey, you only turn one once!).
 After nap time it was time to P-A-R-T-Y! I made Landon's favorite meal;  pancakes, eggs and sausage. Once dinner was done Landon got to open presents, the highlight being his Cozy Coupe! I'd tell you he loves it, but to be truthful he hasn't spent much time with it. Weston has pretty much hijacked it and Landon seems quite content to let his brother borrow it, at least for the time being. Once presents were all opened it was time to make a mess with his cake. And make a mess he did, he couldn't shove it in fast enough!


Now, a few things I want to remember about my little guy at this age:


*Every time I look at Landon I think to myself, 'I seriously love this guy!' He is just so sweet, so cute and so adorable. A random stranger at Walmart told me that he's got the light. I can't explain what she meant, but I know exactly what she's talking about. 
* He is one coordinated kid. The week he learned to crawl, he went up the stairs all by himself. We didn't find him until he was already at the top (we turned away for two minutes!) Not only can he climb stairs but he already knows how to turn around and back down them. He LOVES stairs! He cannot get enough. If it didn't make me so nervous he would go up and down them all day. 
* He still loves to cuddle with his us. I brought him into bed with us the other night. We were both drifting off when I felt him crawling on me. He put his head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around him and he immediately fell asleep. I could have stayed like that forever, if my arm hadn't fallen asleep.
*He sleeps with this stuffed giraffe named Travis, that Devon's co-worker gave him. As soon as I hand it to him, he brings it up to his face and rubs it on his cheek until he falls asleep. 
*He goes by LaLa around here. West can't say Landon, so he just calls him LaLa and despite Devon's best efforts, it seems to have stuck.
*He loves to eat and he can put it away! He easily out eats his brother and has even put down an entire six inch sub.
*He got two teeth at nine months and hasn't gotten a single one since.
*He loves to use utensils and he's even kind of coordinated with them. On Christmas day we went to Denny's and he got the idea to eat pancakes with a toothpick. It was the cutest thing and he was getting every bite into his mouth. When Devon looked up and saw him with the toothpick he insisted I get it away from him right away until he saw how cute it was .
*He loves to throw. Balls, cars, food and especially cell phones.
*He waves bye bye, claps when anyone says 'yay', give kisses and blows kisses. 
*He gets so excited when you get him out of his crib or car seat. 
*He is really laid back until he gets mad. He's got a TEMPER! If you take anything away from him he will literally scream like a banshee. And he has already learned how to get West in trouble, even when he's completely innocent (of course, I don't know that West is ever completely innocent). 
*And my favorite thing...He's finally sleeping through the night!

No comments: