Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Covert Operations

Ok, so the rumors you're hearing are true.

I am dating someone, and actually relatively seriously this time. For the last couple of weeks I've chosen not to go public with this. Mainly because whenever the parents find out I'm dating someone, the questions about which girls are present at my social activities stop, but the "when are you going to invite her over for dinner?" type questions begin.

I'm currently dating Annette Reddoch. I think you all know her. She is Ricky Marengo's little sister. She's obviously well acquainted with Sarah and Jared, and also John and Michelle through Fieldstone Homes, the retaining wall saga, etc. And she's met the rest of you at one time or another.

Jared first mentioned her to me several months ago and asked if I'd be interested in him setting us up. It finally happened earlier this month. She lives in Saratoga Springs which is about a 30 minute/mile drive from my abode, but not a bad trip to make once or twice a week.

We both enjoy hiking and similar outdoors stuff, and she was even nice enough to help me go shopping for some new pants on Saturday. She professes a love for college football, but I've warned her the limits of this passion will be truly and severely tested come August.

She has a great view of the lake and the mountains from her house... although she does not have Comcast or DirectTV which I informed her will drastically decrease the amount of time I will spend at her house during football season.

These obstacles aside I have enjoyed dating her so far and look forward to continuing the relationship and having the rest of you all get to know her better as well.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

What a funny, small world it is when you're mormon. I'd definitely be interested in getting to know her better :)

Sarah said...

I am looking forward to checking out the lake view in Saratoga Springs.

The Black's said...

Devon that is awesome. I really like Annette. Props to Jared, he is some matchmaker. You know what happened the last time he matched people up don't you!!!!